Mode of Delivery
- Course Structure
- Employment Outcomes and Pathways
- Entry Requirements
- About Course Provider
The fashion industry is looking for a new breed of designer. Individuals who can combine fresh and inspiring designs, with an understanding of how to produce for commercial success, are the ones who will thrive. The branded fashion designer’s role is to find the most creative, strategic, sustainable and cost-effective solution. Learn the basics for what it takes to create, build and sustain a brand and align it with a target market.
The Diploma of Branded Fashion Design is an all-inclusive qualification that starts you on the journey of understanding the business of what we wear as well as actually making the outfits. That means you’ll be called upon to create inspiring designs, develop and produce them for market… and deal with all the other people you’ll need to take those design concepts in your head and make them a reality. In the practical, real-world Design Studio subjects, you’ll learn all aspects of fashion design – how to use form, shape and colour, choosing materials, matching ideas with purpose, and more. Led by highly regarded industry professionals, you’ll investigate the theories behind design and marketing, evaluate communication and brand-fashion strategies, and scrutinise past, present and future fashion trends.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU GRADUATE?
As a graduate you’ll have a wealth of career opportunities available to you:
- Branded fashion designer
- Fashion Buyer
- Merchandise Planner
- Product Developer
- Start-up Fashion Designer with own brand
- Digital Print Designer
DOMESTIC ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
- Completed year 12 or equivalent. Minimum ATAR 50 OR’ Demonstrated ability to undertake study at the required level.
CREATIVE ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
- Demonstrated ability to undertake study at the required level.
- Work experience, and/or other formal, informal or non-formal study attempted and/or completed, OR
- Design portfolio (6-10 pieces of original creative work)