Mode of Delivery
- Course Structure
- Employment Outcomes and Pathways
- Entry Requirements
- About Course Provider
Graphic design is an incredibly rewarding career powered by your imagination. This course is designed to give you a broad base of generalist graphic design knowledge and skills. With this know-how and hands-on experience, you can transform fantastic concepts into visual reality. By developing your design awareness, problem-solving and technical skills, you’ll be ready to design for the diverse needs of a fast-paced, visually literate society. Good graphic design can share a message clearly, win a sale or help tell a story. Exciting and challenging avenues are open to you when you graduate, or you could continue your design studies with a Bachelor degree.
The Diploma of Graphic Design gives you the insights and skills to explore the theory, practice and human connection of graphic design, and respond to the world’s visually literate society. From Day One, you’ll start thinking about the audience, purpose and context for your design. You’ll explore traditional designs as well cutting-edge digital, 2D and 3D design. In discussion with other students and guided by industry leaders, you’ll examine the role of graphic design in a time when sight has perhaps become the dominant sense. We are attuned to the visual. Throughout the course, you’ll challenge the conventions of current graphic design ideas and deliver engaging, appropriate and original solutions for everything from point-of-sale material to books and billboards. You’ll learn about design history and principles, ideas generation, brand identity, typography, design research, and user experience. By examining logos, symbols and brands you’ll have the opportunity to design your own unique brand and workshop it with other students, so you start to see your designs through the eyes of others. You’ll also gain the skills to use industry standard graphic design software with confidence and flair. The design work you do throughout the course will contribute to your professional portfolio – your passport to an exciting design career.
As a graduate you’ll have a wealth of career opportunities available to you:
- Web design
- Branding and Identity design
- Environmental and wayfinding design
- Magazine and publishing design
DOMESTIC ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent or higher qualification
If you do not meet the requirements
You can apply through Special Entry;
- Demonstrated ability to undertake study at the required level
- Broadly relevant work experience (documented e.g. CV), demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- Formal, informal or non-formal study, completed or partially completed, demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- Written submission to demonstrate reasonable prospect of success; OR
- Discipline specific portfolio (art and/or design).
INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION CRITERIA
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent; and
- Academic IELTS 5.5 (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent.