Mode of Delivery
- Course Structure
- Employment Outcomes and Pathways
- Entry Requirements
- About Course Provider
The Diploma of Photography and Photo Imaging will launch your career in photography. Stating with the basic essentials, you will develop your technical and conceptual skills. And throughout the course, you’ll explore which photographic direction suits you and how to develop your own style. You’ll graduate with the knowledge and practical experience you need to start your own business or land a great job in a photography studio or agency. Combine your expertise as a photographer with your passions and interests, and choose from a variety of career opportunities – in advertising and documentary, wedding, food, portraits, fashion, architecture, beauty, and so much more.
If you’re a keen photographer who’s ready to take your skills to the next level and perhaps make photography your career, this diploma course will be perfect for you. It will give you a broad base of generalist photo imaging knowledge and experience. Interweaving theory and practice, you will gain skills in using software, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Premiere, as well as the know-how to use equipment such as DSLR cameras, studio lighting, video rigs, and more. You’ll explore both still image and video formats, and learn real workplace procedures so you have the confidence to manage many types of photography assignments from start to finish. With exercises grounded in industry practice and access to studio spaces even outside of class hours, you can refine your skills and experiment with different techniques. Guided by lecturers who are professional photographers, you’ll identify and explore your own personal style. And all the work you produce in the course will help build your professional portfolio – putting the spotlight on your creativity to impress clients or potential employers. You will graduate as a curious, independent thinker with the skills that you need to experiment with photography in different ways. As smart, passionate photographers, our graduates never stop learning and developing their own style.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT WHEN YOU GRADUATE?
As a graduate you’ll have a wealth of career opportunities available to you:
- Commercial Photography (for traditional and online media)
- News and Documentary Photojournalism
- Architecture and Interiors
DOMESTIC ADMISSIONS CRITERIA
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent or higher qualification
If you do not meet the requirements You can apply through Special Entry;
- Demonstrated ability to undertake study at the required level:
- Broadly relevant work experience (documented e.g. CV), demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- Formal, informal or non-formal study, completed or partially completed, demonstrating a reasonable prospect of success; OR
- Written submission to demonstrate reasonable prospect of success; OR
- Discipline specific portfolio (art and/or design).
INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION CRITERIA
- Australian Year 12 or equivalent; and
- Academic IELTS 5.5 (no band less than 5.0) or equivalent.